How To Lower The Cholesterol Level Naturally
A high Cholesterol level can increase the risk of heart disease and also increase the possibility of heart attacks. That is why it is very important to have a balanced cholesterol level. Here we are going to discuss some healthy changes that you need to adopt if you also want to have a balanced cholesterol level. No doubt, medication can also improve your cholesterol but it is also very essential to make your lifestyle pretty healthy.
Heart-Healthy Food To Eat
Heart-healthy food is the major part that can lower your cholesterol level and can improve your heart health. By having these heart-healthy foods on a daily basis you will feel healthy too. Here are some noticeable points that you need to remember:
- Decrease Saturated Fats: Saturated fats increase your cholesterol level very easily. It is heavily found in all dairy products and in red meat. So reduce consuming saturated fats as it can control your cholesterol level.
- Elimination Of Trans Fats: Trans Fats also increase the level of cholesterol. Trans fats are used in partially hydrogenated vegetable oils. This vegetable oil exists in all store-bought things such as cookies, pastries, and cake. These things can easily make your cholesterol level badly high. This partially hydrogenated oil has also been banned from the food and drug administration from jan1 2021.
These are the things that you should avoid to make your cholesterol level balanced. A balanced cholesterol level means good health of the heart. You should really consider these foods if you want a healthy life. By avoiding these things that are mentioned above increase the level of below-mentioned products.
- Eat Food That Are Rich In Omega 3 Fatty Acid:
It is noticed that Omega 3 fatty acids have no effect on LDL (low-density lipoprotein. But it has many health benefits such as it reduces blood pressure. Salmon, herring, walnuts, flaxseed, and mackerel are rich in omega 3 fatty acid.
- Add whey Protein:
Whey protein is actually found in dairy products that are really healthy for the heart. Many studies have revealed that whey products are really beneficial to lower both LDL cholesterol and total cholesterol level as well as blood pressure.
- Increase Soluble Fiber:
foods as oatmeal, kidney beans, Brussels sprouts, apples and pears are rich in soluble fiber. It can reduce the immersion of cholesterol into your bloodstream.
Exercise & Other Physical Activities
We all know that exercise can lead you to a healthy life. It has lots of benefits for your health. Similarly, it can also improve your cholesterol level. You should exercise for at least thirty minutes daily. Eating healthy foods certainly has many advantages but you need to exercise on a daily basis. It is as important as the proper medication.
You can also add some extra physical activities. If you do not want to set a daily exercise routine, you can also try some physical activities that can help you lose weight, such as riding your cycle to work, playing a favourite sport, walking daily, and essentially walking after having a meal.
Quitting smoking has lots of health benefits. It can improve your HDL cholesterol level. Quitting smoking can be really hard for you but it can be possible if you prefer proper smoking cessation. As you start quitting smoking gradually it has benefits gradually in your health such as:
- Quitting smoking for 20 minutes can benefit your heart and blood pressure from the cigarette induced spike.
- Blood circulation and functionality of the lungs will be improved within three months of quit smoking.
- Your risk of heart attack will become half than other smokers within a year of quitting.
Weight loss is really good for your health in all aspects. It can also lead you to a healthy and active life. A slim and healthy person spends a more active and enjoyable life than a fatty person. Many people are now facing obesity problems nowadays. Unhealthy and junk food is the major cause of this problem. That is why you should really consider losing weight. You can also try the exercise and daily physical activities that we have discussed. You should also take care of your eating habits that directly relates to your heart. Stop drinking sugary beverages and soda drinks and switch to tap water. You can have regular snacks and air-popped popcorns but take care of the calories that you are consuming. Worried much about your weight. Try to burn calories that you are consuming daily. Use stairs instead of the elevator, increase standing activities.
Foods That Lower The Level Of Cholesterol
Many foods are really beneficial to lower cholesterol. Here is a list of foods that you can use daily to balance your cholesterol level.
- Eggplant and Okra
- Barely and other whole grains
- Citrus fruits, grapes, apples, strawberries
- Fatty fish
- Fibre supplements
- Food Fortified with sterols and stanols
These are the foods that can help you a lot.
No doubt doctor’s prescription can also help you lower your cholesterol level, but sometimes a healthy lifestyle can help you control all these issues. You can enjoy a healthy heart with a healthy routine and proper medication.