Telemedicine and covid-19 are preferably positioned to enable this for population-level screening. Remote monitoring has emerged as a powerful modality, while telemedicine has been in use over the last decade. While recovering covid-19, it requires scale interaction with the population. Remote monitoring offers well-designed features and operations that are suited for the covid-19 patients especially asynchronous communication. Monitoring can be used to collect covid-19 data and clinical feedback in real-time. As telemedicine is growing continuously and evolving remote monitoring, it is a valuable tool for providers, public health officials, and payers. Telemedicine was forced by covid-19 to lead national attention, but it was introduced in a complicated setback. In this coronavirus spreading pandemic, telemedicine is a condemning component in the ever-changing environment as compared to face-to-face care models. This leads to the observational question for telemedicine that which telemedicine is best for the current pandemic of covid-19, as it is evolved into separate areas.
Traditional telemedicine is based on the connection between rural clinics and the use of store-and-forward technology for subspecialties. The telemedicine endpoints are now moving toward humans and in the homes, after evaluation with consumer electronics. But, this is not the end of evolutionary pressure with smartphones, 5G networks, peripherals, and next-generation telemedicine platforms. Telemedicine has now developed into seemingly separate areas. This is growing between three types of internal separation:
- Traditional rural access
- Remote monitoring
- Direct to consumers live video
Need for telemonitoring in a covid-19 pandemic
The coronavirus first appeared in China and now spread all over the world. The virus remains workable in the air for 3 hours and persists on plastic and steel for 3 days. The mortality in countries where mitigation is held ranges between 3% to 5%. The vaccines of covid-19 have been developed by taking time in reaching markets. Covid-19 globally impact from societal to financial standpoints. Screening of covid-19 patients with traditional healthcare tools has two main challenges. First, hospitals and clinics must be scheduled, and the most important concentrated contact with sick cohorts needed to accidentally serve as the disease amplifier. Second, scheduled and rapid scheduled for visitors, cost and planning of coordination mass face-to-face, and visitors challenge the system. The screening and the education about the screening of covid-19 for the population require a large scale and nonparallel approach that is not focused. Remote monitoring emergers with the third frontier of telemedicine that comes with unique and catholic features that serve covid-19 immediately need:
- Educational videos that can be pushed and updated about screening immediately.
- Patients reported results that come from the designed survey questions.
- Self-entered data like blood pressure or temperature are non-segregated into the workflow.
- Live video visits.
- Secure bidirectional chat security.
- A patient can call for help.
- It is asynchronous to permit scale.
Operationalized remote monitoring for covid-19
The asynchronous and bidirectional features longitudinally qualify cohorts of individuals and to interact with the monitoring platform when they are ready. It prevents individuals from visiting a clinic or hospital that has a risk of exposure. The data generated by the patients are tagged with meta-data by design and occupy a web-based portal for analytics and central monitoring.
The core of remote monitoring is based on the pathways that mentioned lists of all features’ combinations. These pathways are positioned on a population scaled with branched-chain logic to react to response and automatically modiste to intercession. Covid-19 screening can be pushed daily and weekly if there is a suspected exposure. Daily educational videos on covid-19 screening can be updated and sent to worried citizens about the latest news. Monitoring can be screening both those who are exposed to symptoms and those with no symptoms.
Remote monitoring platforms are based on durable medical tools that manage hardware delivery with both pathways and bio-peripherals daily. Remote monitoring of covid-19 automatically returns data and generates bio-peripherals or test kits delivered to the house of individuals by avoiding human interactions. Remote monitoring has many potential advantages of experience and a combination of durable medical tools and delivery routine workflow.
Remote monitoring for tracking covid-19 pandemic data in real-time
Remote monitoring has immediate data that go into a secure database with the labeled meta-data and identifiers. This remote monitoring data set with lengthways self-generated data and patient-reported outcomes to monitor disease progression and the future possible vaccine, with machine learning and algorithms. This real-time data will help to respond to covid-19 locally and nationally.
Benefits of remote monitoring during covid-19
Remote monitoring looks awkward at first, but it has the potential to make our life easier and effective.
- Reduced PPE: At hospitals, exposure is the largest worry right now. Staff exposure can be decreased with remote monitoring. Nurses don’t need to move from one room to another to see patients. Patients can also talk with their family member and friends using technology while lying in the hospital to keep the spirit in this dangerous time
- Less staff for more patients: With remote monitoring, you can check more patients in less time. You can deal with your patients who need immediate physical care without the whale having peace of mind about other patients. Patients can also talk with their doctors remotely.
- Increased patients to physician communication: the most unique benefit of using digital technology is how early information can be received. Patients can have early medical care if their needs are exposed quickly. As everyone knows that sometimes, one second and one minute can be everything in a scary situation.
Technology and our digital society have enabled telemedicine. Now, it is time for digital health to perform and succeed. The belief that a face-to-face visit is necessary for proper health care is now changing with the use of telemedicine. Remote monitoring is the third main form of telemedicine, that provides proper screening and informational challenges of covid-19.